Part-Time Job Opportunities
Click to apply online for part-time opportunities.
Current part-time job opportuntities include:
Door Guards direct patrons away from unauthorized areas, organize patrons in orderly lines outside gates, conduct entry screenings outside gates and are responsible for knowing and enforcing building policies.
The Bryce Jordan Center is looking for individuals responsible for performing work as needed to clean, maintain and prepare for events at the facility. Duties include skilled and semi-skilled tasks, which often require heavy lifting and a high degree of physical exertion. Typical duties include: Participate in all aspects of the conversion process in preparation for events. Duties may include setting up and tearing down flooring, portable chairs, barricades, staging, tables, other furnishings and equipment. Perform varies duties to ensure the day-to-day operations of the facility are met. These include but, are not limited to loading/unloading delivery trucks, transporting trash and waste to proper disposal area and replenishing supplies. Assist with pre/post event cleaning and janitorial tasks including, but not limited to, sweeping, mopping, dusting, trash removal, vacuuming, spot cleaning, washing, stripping, carpet cleaning, window washing and waxing. Report irregularities, discrepancies, safety or damage concerns or loss of property promptly to Supervisor. Other duties may be assigned. Work hours are various depending on the event schedule including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed. Typical schedules are from 10:30pm to 7am, for 3rd shift and 2nd shift start times vary from mid-morning to 2PM. Schedules are typically provided a month in advance. We are looking for individuals who: Have knowledge of practices related to cleaning and maintaining a facility, event set up, and proper use and care of hand/power tools. Demonstrate a positive attitude and willingness to learn. Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations, and emergency procedures established at the facility. Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results. Work both independently and as part of a team. Maintain an effective working relationship with guests, employees, exhibitors, and others encountered in the course of employment. Remain Flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
Food & Beverage
The Food & Beverage Department runs the Concession Stands during all events and provides Catering for backstage, meeting rooms, receptions, socials, etc.
Guest Relations & VIP Services
Guest & VIP Services answer/address patron questions/concerns, address all ADA concerns (wheelchairs, boxes, etc.), collect and store lost and found items.
The Merchandise Department is responsible for selling tee shirts, programs and other novelty items for concerts, checking inventory, stocking sales locations, and setting up displays. This Staff is also accountable for proper use of cash handling procedures, receipts and credit card machines. Excellent customer service and communications skills. The hours are normally early afternoon through event end.
The Stage Department is responsible for the set up and tear down of all live entertainment events presented at the BJC. This staff will work directly with touring personnel to assist in setup and tear down of events. The hours are normally early morning/daytime for a show setup (load in) and late evening immediately following an event for tear down (load out). Excellent teamwork, attention to detail, and punctuality is required.
Ticket Office Sales Agent
Responsibilities include becoming familiar with multiple venue seating layouts to assist customers in choosing their seats, use of ticketing software, cash handling, credit card processing and assisting customers by telephone.
Ticket Takers are one of the very first team members that our guests meet as they enter for their event. Ticket Takers will greet every guest as they enter the doors, assist in our touchless ticket scanners and direct patrons toward their seats. For student shows and tickets, they are responsible for checking student IDs. Ticket Takers will also assist in answering and addressing guest’s questions and concerns.
Ushers greet every patron and ask to help them find their seats. They seat patrons in their ticketed seats, maintain clear aisles, and help ensure patrons’ safety.
Full-Time Job Opportunities
Lead Facilities Systems Technician
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
Penn State Bryce Jordan Center is searching for a full-time Lead Facilities Systems Technician to join their team. Duties include:
- Assign specific tasks and coordinate the efforts of various trades employees and laborers
- Receive work orders from supervisor
- Plan and layout work
- Assist trades employees in technical aspects of work
- Ensure work is performed correctly
- Plan, layout and perform installation, repair and maintenance of electrical, building automated systems and heating ventilating systems
- Trace out, analyze and recommend solutions for environmental control problems such as, but not limited to, temperature, humidity, static pressure, air flows, noise, and air quality
- Work with design professionals, consultants, promoters, tour agents, event managers, etc. to obtain specific details regarding jobs to be completed
- Refer problems to supervisor
- Set up and calibrate building systems as required for events, renovations or customer needs
- Evaluate building automated systems, electrical systems, HVAC system
- Plan, layout and perform installation
- Modify or replace new systems as required
- Complete maintenance on equipment such as, but not limited to chillers, pumps, sumps, valves, piping, electronic controls and devices like fire pump, dry and wet sprinkler systems and fire alarm panel
- Maintain lighting system through usage of a web based system
- Install temporary wiring for shows and events
- Service, maintain, repair, install and replace domestic and commercial refrigeration, air cooling equipment, chilling units, refrigerated food service equipment and their auxiliary components
- Run gas lines and other lines as required
- Remove, add and adjust refrigeration charges as necessary
- Plan, layout, and perform installation of event related power requirements
- Repair and maintain electrical systems and event related power requirements
- Provide technical assistance to other trades employees and unskilled workers
- Clean, adjust, inspect, and maintain transformers, switch gears, etc.
- Clean, adjust, and maintain large equipment such as heat and chilled water motors and pumps, heat exchangers, steam valves and traps
- Direct the work of lower grade employees as required
- Operate motor vehicles as required
Job Requirements: Requires the use of advanced shop mathematics, together with the use of complicated drawings, specifications, charts, tables, handbook formulas, all varieties of adjustable measuring instruments and the use of broad training in a recognized trade or craft. Equivalent to a complete accredited, indentured apprenticeship or equivalent to high school plus a 2-year technical college education. Requires a Universal Refrigeration License. Over 3 and up to and including 5 years of effective experience.
Work Schedule: Various
Days Off: Various
NOTE: THIS POSITION REQUIRES THAT YOU OPERATE A MOTOR VEHICLE AS A PART OF YOUR JOB DUTIES. A VALID DRIVER`S LICENSE AND SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF A MOTOR VEHICLE RECORDS CHECK WILL BE REQUIRED IN ADDITION TO STANDARD BACKGROUND CHECKS.
Penn State University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition discounts for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, paid time off, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more. Penn State University, the land-grant university of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, is consistently ranked among the top public universities in the country. Penn State has 24 campus locations, 19 academic colleges, 17,000 faculty and staff, and 100,000 students, including a medical college, two law schools, a health system, and an online World Campus.
This position is part of the bargaining unit represented by Teamsters Local Union No. 8 and has a starting hourly wage of $30.90. After six (6) full pay periods (bi-weekly) from the date of hire, the rate increases to $32.94 per hour. More information can be found here: Collective Bargaining Agreement.
MORE REASONS TO JOIN OUR TEAM…
- Health Insurance Insurance | PSU Human Resources
- Medical, Vision, Dental and Prescriptive Drug
- Options for Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability
- Retirement and Company Match Retirement | PSU Human Resources
- State Retirement and TIAA plans
- Tuition Discount Tuition Discount | PSU Human Resources
- 75% off for employee, spouse and/or dependent children up to age 26
- Paid Time Off Time Off | PSU Human Resources
- 5 weeks PTO in addition to University/Federal holidays and winter break
- Extra Benefits Discounts | PSU Human Resources
- Discounts with local businesses (computers, insurance, moving, hotels, etc.)
BUILDING A CAREER AND A LIFE AT PENN STATE…
- Penn State is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world by the Time Higher Education University Rankings, the Center for World University Rankings, and the Academic Ranking of World Universities: This is Penn State | Penn State (psu.edu)
- Penn State is also committed to ensuring that diversity, equity, and inclusion are central to the success of a world-class research institution. We are concerned uniquely with the institutional change required for visioning and realizing a more socially just University: Diversity Resources — Office of the Vice Provost for Educational Equity (psu.edu)