Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Bryce Jordan Center's Bag Policy for Events?
- Doors typically open one hour prior to show, please check event details for exact times. Please note that there may be a security check prior to entry.
- Fans attending events in the Bryce Jordan Center will not be allowed to bring any large bags, backpacks, totes and coolers into the facility.
- Small clutch purses, handbags, fanny packs, diaper and medical bags may be carried into the arena along with (1) one gallon, zip-close style plastic bag.
Can I purchase student tickets online?
As a student enrolled at the University Park campus this semester, we’re excited to announce that you are able to purchase your discounted tickets online. Tickets will still be available for purchase in person at the Bryce Jordan Center, Eisenhower Auditorium and Penn State Tickets Downtown; however with our new online option you can avoid long waits in line to get your concert tickets. Student tickets/discounts are provided courtesy of The Student Fee Board. Persons using a student ticket must be able able to present a valid, PSU University Park Student ID with their ticket upon entry. Limited quantities available.
- Visit http://bitly.com/BJCStudentTix and click on the “PSU UPark Student Tickets”.
- Enter in your Penn State email address in the Account ID or E-mail Address box and click on "Forgot Your Password" link. A temporary password will be emailed to your Penn State email address, and you will be forced to set a new password after logging in. Please note that you must use your Penn State email address (student accounts were created with that as the default information).
- Once your password has been reset, you can then purchase tickets by clicking on the BUY TICKETS link found at the bottom of the page.
How do I take advantage of presales?
Presales let fans with passwords purchase tickets before the general public! If you have a Bryce Jordan Center Insiders account you'll get email alerts about some upcoming BJC presales, with passwords included. No account? Get yours now.
Most other presales have sponsors like fan clubs and credit cards and we can't provide passwords for those - sorry! To get the password you have to belong to the fan club or have the right card.
Sometimes radio/television stations have their own presales too, so check your favorite stations' sites for info on how to be in the loop.
Just look for the "Offer Code" box or link to enter your presale password.
Please keep in mind that the number of tickets up for grabs is limited because only a portion of seats are part of any presale.
How do I get a Meet and Greet Pass?
Backstage passes are typically obtained from record label personnel who in turn, distribute them to radio stations, fan club, promoters, and or, label friends and family. The Bryce Jordan Center does not have the "power" of receiving backstage passes for the musical guests that utilize our building.
Sometimes you might hear of a concert promotion that states, "win tickets and backstage passes" to a particular concert. This promotion is setup in advance with the record label and the sponsoring station (with the approval of the artist and agent) to help increase ticket and CD sales, as well as draw attention to the radio station from, perhaps, the casual listener. Most of the "meet & greets" that have happened at the Jordan Center have been small, private affairs. Usually the bigger the artist, the harder it is to be invited backstage.
When can I take pictures?
The camera policy for events at the Jordan Center varies from show to show, due to the fact that the individual show decides the policy. Usually, small, nonprofessional cameras are allowed, however to be absolutely sure, please visit the event page or contact Ticketmaster at 800-745-3000 to find out the policy for that particular evening. As always, there is absolutely no audio or video recording allowed during a show.
Where can I park before an event?
The parking lots adjacent the Bryce Jordan Center are private University lots and are policed during the day until 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The lots open up to the public in the early evening after 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Before 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, park at your own risk!
Prices for parking are as follows:
- $5.00 - Basketball games
- $8.00 – Advance parking for general public
- $10.00 – Day of event parking for general public
- $30.00 – RV/Bus parking, both advance and day of event
What time can I get in the building before an event?
Doors to the BJC open one hour before the start of all concerts and one hour before tip-off of basketball games. Unless otherwise noted in the event details.
What can I NOT take in the building with me?
Outside food and drink, all alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, weapons of any kind, illegal substances, and audio/video equipment are strictly prohibited from the the Bryce Jordan Center. Backpacks, bags and large purses are not permitted inside the Bryce Jordan Center. Please see the updated Bag Policy at the top of the page for details.
Does my small child need a ticket?
All patrons entering the building are required to have a ticket, including "lap children", unless specified by the show.
Can I exchange my tickets for another show or receive a refund for any tickets I do not use?
No, all ticket sales are final.
Where can I find information on ADA Seating and Arena Accessibility?
On our Arena Accessibility page.
How do I find directions to Bryce Jordan Center?
You can find directions for your next trip to the Bryce Jordan Center on our Directions page.
Is there a lost and found?
For all lost and found inquiries, please call the Bryce Jordan Center Welcome Desk at 814-863-4675. Items are collected and logged the day after each show.