Spring 2017 Commencement Schedule
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, May 5, 2017 - Doors Open at 6:30 p.m.
8:00 p.m. - College of Engineering
Saturday, May 6, 2017 - Doors Open at 7:30 a.m.
- 9:00 a.m. - Eberly College of Science
- Noon - College of Communications
- 3:00 p.m. - College of Health and Human Development
- 6:30 p.m. - College of the Liberal Arts
Sunday, May 7, 2017 - Doors Open at 7:30 a.m.
- 9:00 a.m. - Smeal College of Business
- 12:30 p.m. - College of Education
- 3:30 p.m. - College of Agricultural Sciences
- 6:30 p.m. - The Graduate School
Commencement ceremony dates and times are listed in chronological order, for commencement dates at University Park for future years not listed on this page, please review the Office of the Registrar's Academic Calendar.
Parking and Traffic Advisory for Bryce Jordan Center Commencement Ceremonies (May 6 & 7, 2017)
To manage the significant congestion expected around the Bryce Jordan Center, Medlar Field, Beaver Stadium, and University Drive during spring commencement weekend, traffic and parking will be managed by filling alternating lots for each commencement ceremony. Drivers will be directed to the appropriate lot by University Police and event parking staff based on the traffic and parking conditions at the time of their arrival. Please use caution while traveling through this area of campus and allow extra time to reach your destination.
General parking for Penn State spring commencement ceremonies being held at the Bryce Jordan Center will be available at one or more of the following parking areas, as directed by University Police and event parking staff:
- Lot 44 – located east of the Bryce Jordan Center, and accessible from Porter Road (via Park Avenue or College Avenue) and Dauer Drive (via University Drive)
- Stadium West – located west of Beaver Stadium, and accessible only from Park Avenue
- Porter North – located north of Medlar Field at Lubrano Park, and accessible from Porter Road (via Park Avenue or College Avenue)
ADA parking will be available at the following Lot 44 and Stadium West areas:
- Northwest corner of Lot 44 near Bryce Jordan Center Gate B, across from the Penn State All-Sports Museum (accessible from intersection of Porter Road and Curtin Road)
- Section of Lot Orange L located between the Bryce Jordan Center and Lot 44 (accessible from Dauer Drive via University Drive)
- First three rows of parking in the southeast corner of Stadium West near Beaver Stadium, and the first four rows in the southwest corner of Stadium West near University Drive/Curtin Road intersection (all accessible only from Park Avenue)
To ensure the safety of all guests and to assist with traffic flow between each ceremony, drivers are discouraged from dropping off or picking up guests outside of the designated ADA parking areas. These areas are ADA accessible and located just a short distance from entrances to the Bryce Jordan Center. Curtin Road will also be closed to vehicle traffic between University Drive and the entrance to Lot 44 throughout most of the commencement ceremonies to allow safe pedestrian access between Stadium West and the Bryce Jordan Center.