Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will launch the second leg of The River Tour, at Penn State’s Bryce Jordan Center on Monday, April 18. The tour coincides with the release of "The Ties That Bind: The River Collection," a comprehensive look at the era of the 1980 "The River" album that "Rolling Stone" calls "Springsteen's best archival release yet."
The River Tour (#TheRiverTour) is the first for Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band since the 2014 High Hopes Tour.
Each night of the tour will be mixed for release on Live.BruceSpringsteen.net as high quality downloads and CDs. Recordings will be available within days of each performance.
The original The River Tour began Oct. 3, 1980, two weeks before the release of Springsteen's fifth album, and continued through Sept. 4, 1981. With sets that regularly approached the four-hour range, the 140-date international tour firmly established a reputation for Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band as marathon performers.
"The Ties That Bind: The River Collection" includes 52 tracks on four CDs with a wealth of unreleased material and four hours of never-before-seen video on three DVDs. It contains the original "The River" double album; the first official release of "The River: Single Album"; a CD of 1979/80 studio outtakes; a brand-new documentary about "The River"; and a coffee-table book of 200 rare or previously unseen photos and memorabilia, with a new essay by Mikal Gilmore.
The set also includes a two-DVD film of never-released, newly edited multi-camera footage from a Nov. 1980 show in Tempe, AZ, described by NPR as a "holy grail."
The E Street Band's members are: Roy Bittan – piano, synthesizer; Nils Lofgren – guitar, vocals; Patti Scialfa – guitar, vocals; Garry Tallent – bass guitar; Stevie Van Zandt – guitar, vocals; and Max Weinberg – drums; with Soozie Tyrell – violin, guitar, vocals; Jake Clemons –saxophone; and Charlie Giordano – keyboards.
Tickets to The River Tour are ON SALE NOW at the Bryce Jordan Center, www.ticketmaster.com, or by calling 800-745-3000. The Bryce Jordan Center Ticket Office will be open until 2:00 PM Saturday, February 6 to accomodate this on-sale. Limit 4 tickets per purchase (6 tickets if purchasing concourse seating).
Sections 103-108 and 120-125 will utilize paperless ticketing. Click here for information on ticketmaster paperless ticketing.
Transportation Services has announced parking information for Bruce Springsteen and the E-Street Band. General parking for the concert will be available for $10 (cash only). For additional parking options, including parking for GA Lottery participants, please visit Transportation Services online.
Show Day GA LOTTERY
Please see details below regarding policies and procedures for the show’s GA Lottery. The “lottery” allows holders of general admission tickets a random chance to enter the forward barricade area on the floor, closest to the stage. This is entirely optional and can be disregarded by GA ticket holders who do not wish to enter the lottery for a chance to be placed in the forward barricade.
1) On the day of the show, sequentially numbered wristbands will be distributed beginning at 2:00PM. This will take place at Gate A. Wristbands will be distributed until 5:00PM. (After 5:00PM, additional lottery/floor wristbands will not be distributed until after doors are open)
2) Patrons must be present and in possession of their GA ticket to receive a wristband. Only one wristband per patron will be issued.
3) After the patron’s ticket has been verified as a GA ticket. A wristband will be issued and affixed to the patron’s wrist.
4) Anyone who receives a numbered wristband prior to doors, has an equal chance to be first in line to enter the Front Area. A wristband does not guarantee a place in the Front Area.
5) Patrons who have received a wristband may leave the premises. They must return by 5:00PM.
6) Patrons who received a wristband and are present for the drawing must be ready to enter the venue. This means they should not be carrying any prohibited items with them. e.g. backpacks/ large bags, cameras, recording devices etc… If there are any questions regarding prohibited items, please check with venue staff prior to the drawing.
7) A starting number will be randomly picked by a patron. This number will be announced at Gate A.
8) The patron wearing the wristband that matches the starting number will be first in line. All participants are requested to remain in sequential order. Venue entry and security screening may begin as soon as immediately following the drawing. Patrons will be directed by tour and venue staff through this process.
9) All patrons with GA tickets and a wristband who wish to enter according to the lottery, need to remain present to be processed and escorted into the venue. Failure to be present for drawing, or not remaining throughout the lottery entry process will result in forfeiture of lottery position.
10) Once inside the venue, a second wristband will be issued to identify those who are within the winning range. This is required to enter the Front GA Area.
NOTE: With the GA lottery for the Springsteen wristband distribution starting at 2pm at Gate A, arrangements with parking have been made to allow parking in Stadium West beginning at 1:30pm. Fans will be charged the $10 event parking fee but the pass is good for the evening. Fans will NOT have to pay twice if they chose to leave and come back after receiving their GA Lottery Wristband.
NO CAMERAS ALLOWED